Who We Are: We are a network of community builders committed to strengthening communities from the inside out by applying Asset-Based Community-Driven Development (ABCD) principles and practices.
Our Core Belief: We believe communities are strengthened when community members are united around a shared vision that emerges from the community (listening), exercise power and control over the development effort (leader development), use their gifts to work toward their shared vision (team building) and are supported by the institutions who share their vision and value their contributions (partnering well).
Our Vision: To fuel the ABCD movement by supporting ABCD practitioners who have been trained in the Empowered Communities Framework and who are applying the four practices (listening, leader development, team building and partnering well) in their respective communities.
- Access to Network Training Opportunities: Members who co-facilitate or host a break-out room during a learning cohort can invite up to 6 participants (per host provided) to Network Sponsored Trainings free.
- Executive Coaching: Up to 12 coaching sessions with 1-3 key designated leaders within the organization per year.
- Community of Practice: Connect with network members quarterly for peer-to-peer support and sharing of successes and challenges around respective ABCD development efforts.
- Access to training materials for internal non-revenue generating training events. See certification section for more information on training offered to outside organizations or as a revenue generating activity for members.
- Eligible for certification as a trainer and/or coach in the Empowered Communities Framework upon completion of certification requirements defined below.
- Information about national and international ABCD events, Communities of Practice and emerging best practices.
- Practitioners*: Organizations who are taking a lead role in the implementation of the Empowered Communities Framework in a community context.
- Collaborators: Organizations who are supporting the implementation of the Empowered Communities Framework by a practitioner level member (no coaching benefits.)
- Champions: Individuals who were previously practitioners or who are supporting the implementation of the Empowered Communities Framework by a practitioner level member but who are not associated with a partnering organization (no coaching benefits.)
- Participate in 3 of the 4 quarterly community of practice meetings. Meetings will be 1.5 hours each for a total of 6 hours per year.
- Commit to hosting a breakout room for at least one training session per year.
- Commit to applying the Empowered Communities framework in your local context and to sharing successes and challenges with the network.
Embrace Communities will serve as the network facilitator.
Members will pay an annual fee based on their organization, department or associations annual budget.
- Under $20,000 = $100
- $20,000 - $75,000 = $200
- $75,000 - $150,000 = $500
- $150,000-$500,000 = $1,000
- $500,000 – 1 Million = $1,500
- Over 1 Million = $2,000
- Up to 4 Coaching Relationships = $5,000
- Additional Coaching Relationships = $1,500 for 12 sessions
- Individual Champions (not affiliated with a member organization) = $25
- Certified Trainers**: Individuals who have graduated, co-facilitated at least 2 full trainings and been the lead facilitator on at least 1 training.
- Certified Coaches**: Individuals who have implemented the Empowered Communities Framework in 2 or more communities and developed/sustained all four community building processes for at least two years with clear outcomes from all 4 processes.
* Access to curriculum limited to internal non-income generating use.
** Permission for use of curriculum for organizations outside the member organization and any revenue generating activities granted through additional Partnership Agreement.
- Perspective members MUST successfully complete a Shift Training Series and have a plan for how they will apply the Empowered Communities Principles and Processes in their local context.
- Capacity at this time is limited to 12 Practitioner level members and an unlimited number of Collaborator and Champion level members. Membership capacity will grow as the number of certified coaches increases.
- Graduates of from our Training series who wish to join the network should contact Wendy McCaig for more information about the application process.