Who We Are: We are a group of community builders co-creating a space for honest, heartfelt sharing — a space where we can release the hard stuff, celebrate the good stuff, and find inner peace so that we can be peacemakers in our respective communities.
Our Core Belief: We believe that community builders need community, and that encouragers need encouragement.
Our Vision: We envision a global network of soulful community builders.
Our Social Contract:
- Assume positive intent
- Respect each other's experience.
- Appreciate the essence of each other.
- Check-in instead of checking-out when you feel you need to pause and gain clarity.
- Use inclusive language that honors our beautifully diverse table.
- Acknowledge and own your own feelings and understand how they can shape individual perspectives
- Have fun - If it feels like work, we are doing something wrong!
- Combined Large Group Gathering: On the 3rd Tuesday of the month, we host a gathering for all members. We begin each gathering with space for honest, heartfelt sharing to occur amongst members in smaller groups. We also create space for group members to share their soul care practices with one another. We do this by inviting one member per month to share and then break into small groups to discuss what was shared. Our goal is to build the resilience of those who carry the burdens of their communities.
- The Richmond Small Group - In Person: The Richmond group will meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the chosen, in-person location (usually at a member’s home or a private room within a public space). Each meeting, participants will be offered questions for discussion and connection that will create opportunities to get to know each. Additionally, this meeting sets aside intentional space for honest, heartfelt sharing to occur amongst members. This group is open to community builders who live in the greater Richmond region.
- The Global Small Group - Virtual: The global group will meet the 1st Tuesday of the month on Zoom. Each meeting, participants will be offered questions for discussion and connection that will create opportunities to get to know each other. Additionally, this meeting sets aside intentional space for honest, heartfelt sharing to occur amongst members. This group is open to community builders everywhere who are trained in and practicing Asset-Based Community Development.
- The Soul-Full Bridges Collective Facebook Group: This online group is open to community builders everywhere. Members of this online group are encouraged to share insights, words of encouragement and to seek support on issues they are facing in their work. This space is open to anyone who is interested in connecting with other community builders in an online format.
- Future Groups: As small groups reach their capacity, additional groups will be added as new small group facilitators emerge to help coordinate these smaller conversations.
- Facebook group - open to any community builder anywhere.
- Our large group gatherings can be attended by any member at any level of engagement.
- We ask that those who join a small group commit to attending at least 75% percent of their groups gatherings. Small groups are designed for deeper relationships and consistency makes that goal more achievable.
Embrace Communities will serve as the network facilitator.
There is no cost for membership.
If you are interested in joining the Soul-Full Bridges Collective, please fill out a membership form here. You will be contacted by Embrace Communities or an affiliated facilitator.
History and Meeting Minutes of the Collective:
You can learn more about how this initiative got started, as well as summaries of our monthly large group meetings here.
Visual Representation of Our Collective Vision:
One of our first exercises was to ask our founding group members to contribute an image that they felt captured the vision of the group. We have combined those images below into a shared vision. While we all contributed to this vision, the meaning of the symbols will likely vary from person to person, so we invite you to ascribe meaning as you feel led.